The Business Continuity for Education programme gives schools, academies, colleges and other education providers, the knowledge and skills they need to build robust Business Continuity and Emergency Planning strategies based on best practice in the education sector.
In this course, you will cover the three pillars of the Business Continuity body of knowledge including:
1. Business Continuity Planning;
2. Emergency Planning; and
3. Risk Management.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Continuity
- Lesson 2: Making sense of the organisational environment
- Lesson 3: Planning for action
- Lesson 4: Practice and continuous improvement
- Length: 2-4 weeks
- Effort: 1-2 hours per week
Who should attend
This course is designed specifically for schools, academies, colleges and other education providers. It is constructed to align with the duties of educational leaders and decisions makers such as Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Business Managers, Governors and Education Board members.
- Gain an understanding of Business Continuity and why it is important to your organisation.
- Build your organisation’s capability in business continuity and emergency planning.
- Learn how to write a Business Continuity and Emergency Plan using best practice methodology for education.
- Gain a greater understanding of strategies to analyse and manage risk.
- Be able to identify risks and how to analyse and manage them.
- Understand how to build an effective emergency management team that can respond to events that can impact the organisation