The great egg drop is a team building game that will bring out the creative side of the group. Delegates will learn how to be creative with limited resources and how to work together to avoid a catastrophe!
Objective of the game Design and create a vessel for an egg to ensure it can survive a fall out of a first-storey window (or 3-4 meters if indoors).
List of resources
- 1 egg
- 6 straws
- 1 sheet of newspaper
- 1 metre of string
- 1 plastic cup
- 10 toothpicks
- 1 metre of masking tape
- 1 balloon
- 1 small empty water battle
- 2 plastic spoons
- 1 paper plate
- Split your delegates into teams of 3-6 members.
- The teams should be given a pen and paper. They then have 15 minutes to plan the vessel and draw a blueprint onto the page. They cannot touch any of the resources at this stage.
- The teams then have 30 minutes to create the vessel using the resources available.
- At the end of the time, all of the vessels should be dropped out of a first-storey window (or 3-4 meters if indoors).
After the session, carry out a debrief to review what the exercise has taught your delegates and how they can use it in their day to day work. Here are some useful questions to guide the conversation:
- Describe the concept for your team’s vessel?
- How well did the team work together?
- What were the biggest challenges?
- What would you do again differently?